What is SMART Reasoning Technique(PR)?
Today’s children are facing different types of problem and challenge every day just like the adults. Obviously, their problems would be different from that of adults for the likes of academic worries, competition in class or playground, peer pressure, meeting teachers’ and parents’ expectations, exam phobia, the uncertainty of results, fears about future prospect etc. As the children have no innate experience of handling and solving those problems or prior knowledge to respond to the untoward situations or any form of acquired skills to find the best way out or make sense of the adverse situation translating problem into solution and challenges into opportunities hence have no option but to either try to escape, or react emotionally in a negative way, rather than putting their energy into solving the problem and moving on. This leads to psycho-social and emotional issues in the later part of life. Because of the natural defence mechanism, they try to find a way to escape and become an introvert and perplexed individual. That is the reason why many children fall behind in their school curriculum and experiences exclusion or unable to socialise thereby feeling isolated, fail to control their impulses making them hyperactive and less attentive and gradually develop life-changing emotional problems such as depression, loneliness, aggression, aversion, apathy. Usually, children with a lack of problem-solving skills spring into action without realising the consequences and often make inappropriate choices and wrong decisions. Like for instance, when a child is accidentally hit by a friend, the child reacts with anger and pushes the peer back quite obliviously without knowing what else to do or how else to react. Or perhaps, a child may refrain from attending the school for being bullied and finds excuses to be absent as that seems to be the only way for the child to combat this situation. Those impulsive choices that the innocent child makes may raise even serious psychological problems in their adulthood. It is proven that the outstanding academic success is completely dependent on children’s power of reasoning, creativity and adaptability. Situational, Methodical, Assertive, Rational and Tactical Reasoning Technique is a practical approach to prepare and upskill the children in developing these critical life skills to help them become a confident and competent individual excelling in all their endeavours.
SMART is a method of solving problems using an ‘Out of the Box’ and innovative approach driven by creativity, problem-solving and rational thinking. SMART aims to kindle the art of problem-solving and gaining academic excellence using a unique point of view and creative bent of mind thereby, helping children realise their full potential, recognise their emotions effectively, respond suitably by rationalising the situations and making the right choices.
Why SMART Reasoning Technique(PR) is important?
Our traditional education system educates children to memorise and replicate information with hardly any attention to understanding the concept, content or context. As a result, the children end up developing the habit of rote learning and lose out on intellectual and creative aptitude like exploring and analysing information for better understanding and thorough knowledge. Our technique compliments the traditional education into a holistic education for complete academic and psycho-social development. Hence, parents and teachers should pro-actively encourage and support their children to develop Allied Reasoning skills and creative aptitude to enrich their academic and comprehensive success.
Benefits of SMART Reasoning Technique(PR):
- Develop positive frame of mind and ingenuity.
- Encourage clear perception and ‘Can-do’ attitude.
- Help understand priorities and make right choices.
- Explore alternatives with reasoning.
- Knowledge augmentation through concept, content and context.
- Problem Solving with intelligent speculation and acute attention.
- Improves left and right brain co-ordination.
- Promote creativity, agility and ‘Out of the Box’ intellect.
Age 11 to 16 years.
Apprentice Level consists of the 22 lessons.
Overall Learning Outcome:
In this unit students will be introduced to the thinking tools and techniques which have proven to increase abilities in areas such as creativity, problem solving and critical thinking. As students move through the course mentor will introduce roleplay and different brain twister which are designed to cement these concepts into students’ mind. Group activities will allow further examination and class discussion of the emerging themes. Mentor will use; brain twisters, case studies, interactive discussions, application of principles to daily life, role play exercises. The classroom activities would provide the opportunity for formative assessment and feedback to support high achievement on the summative assessment.
The purpose of the module is for students to:
- Stimulate their thinking attitude: Looks at the students’ self-image as a thinker and at thinking skills in General. Setting the stage for students’ journey towards Effective Thinking.
- Analyse Plus, Minus and Interesting: Analysis a concept for Plus, Minus and Interesting points. This is a powerful tool for considering new ideas.
- Develop-Aims, Goals and Objectives: The examination of Aims, Goals and Objectives (AGO). An AGO is used to simplify thinking process.
- Respect other people’s opinions (OPO): Almost any thinking activity involves other people, the Other People’s Opinion tries to get the thinker inside the heads of those involved.
- Understand Priorities (UP): The UP provides a deliberate instruction to students to focus directly on priorities (in general or at a particular moment).
- Explore Substitutes: Possibilities and Choices (SPC)The SPC lesson involves looking for the Substitutes, Possibilities or Choices (whichever is appropriate) in that situation. Determining appropriate decision.
- S&O -Significance and Outcome: Helping students focus upon the significances that might arise from a decision, course of action or change of any sort over time period.
You May Like
For further information, please click on: